Sunday, June 19, 2011

More Michelle Obama Quotes!

"My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'blackness' than ever before. I have found that at Princeton, no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my white professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong. " "Regardless of the circumstances under which I interact with whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be black first and a student second. [Sounds to me like SHE went in with a prejudice, and wouldn't accept them accepting HER!]
"Let me tell you something. For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country, and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change." 
"Barack is one of the smartest people you will ever encounter who will deign to enter this messy thing called politics." (deign=stoop so low!)
"The truth is, in order to get things like universal health care and a revamped education system, then someone is going to have to give up a piece of their pie so that someone else can have more." 
"All of us driven by a simple belief that the world as it is just won't do - that we have an obligation to fight for the world as it should be." 
"Barack is one of the smartest men we will see in our lifetime. "
Michelle Obama, when asked if she fears an attack on her husband: "I don’t lose sleep over it, because the realities are that, you know, as a black man, you know, Barack can get shot going to the gas station, you know. So, you know, you can’t — you know, you can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen. We just weren’t raised that way."

No comments:

Post a Comment